The back-of-house family at Forage Restaurant is cozying up to colder nights this fall and winter by adding new, seasonally inspired food and drink features to the menu at the West End dining destination in The Listel Hotel (1300 Robson Street).
The seasonal menu shift comes courtesy of Executive Chef Craig Sung, who took the reins of the kitchen at the locavore-focused restaurant this summer and continues to bolster its reputation for showcasing the best of BC’s fisheries, farms and fields.
Available nightly from 5 to 10 p.m., Forage’s new fall and winter menu includes long-time guest favourites as well as an array of new features that highlight unique ingredients and proteins from land, sea and soil such as:
- BC Oysters (kelp mignonette, fresh horseradish, kimchi);
- Cast Iron Pan Bread (local cheddar, spicy honey);
- Beetroot Salad (roasted red and yellow beets, beetroot hummus, Okanagan goat cheese, pine nuts, sourdough crisps);
- Bison Carpaccio (pickled rhubarb, pesto aioli, sous vide egg yolk, sourdough crisps, Alpindon cheese);
- Forage Seafood Chowder (smoked sablefish & salmon, prawn toast);
- Duck Liver Parfait (Fraser Valley duck liver, Okanagan cherry preserve, grand fir, forage waffle);
- Osso Bucco (Elk Shank, Parsnip Pomme Puree, Heirloom Carrots, Grand Fur Gremolata);
- Cutter Ranch Berkshire Pork (hay-smoked bone-in chop, pearl onions, charred cabbage, horseradish crema, pork jus);
- Steaks (8oz Bison ‘butcher’s cut’ or 12oz Bison striploin, accompanied by seasonal garnishes and bison marrow butter).
- Wild Pie (stinging nettle & kale, filo pastry, Okanagan goat cheese, tahini yogurt, apple slaw);
- Gnocchi (Kennebec potato gnocchi, butternut squash, sage, brown butter crumb, Neufchâtel cheese);
- Mushroom Barley ‘Risotto’ (local foraged mushrooms, king oyster mushrooms, ricotta cheese, truffle mushroom soil).
- Octopus (spiced eggplant purée, chimichurri, confit German butter potatoes, house-made Fraser Valley pork chorizo);
- Sablefish (pen-roasted Golden Eagle sablefish, sunchokes, broccolini, yellow curry sauce).
- Dungeness Crab (Crispy Fried Carb Legs, kohlrabi slaw, spring onions, black pepper jam).
Seasonal Harvest Side:
- Confit Garlic Pomme Purée (chives, garlic scape salt);
- Fried Brussels Sprouts (lemon honey, Charmisan cheese);
- Roasted Squash & Sweet Potato (garlic yogurt);
- Cultivated Mushrooms (garlic, shallots, parsley).
- Sunchoke Crème Brûlée (sunchoke chips, citrus Madeleines);
- Freshly Baked Dark Chocolate Lava Cake (white wine, elderflower, poached pears, Chantilly cream);
- Ambrosia Apple Pie (Forty Creek whisky caramel sauce, elderflower cream);
- Canadian Cheese (clover honey, seeded crackers, seasonal fruit compote).
On Monday, November 13, the Forage team will also debut a new ‘Best of BC’ set menu available nightly for $69 per person plus tax and gratuity that brings together the best of BC’s fisheries, farms and fields via a four-course feast of: Tuna Carpaccio (cured Albacore tuna, harukei turnips, soy dressing), Sunchoke Velouté(fried potato skins, crème fraîche, EVOO), choice of Kuterra Salmon or Bison Striploin (pomme purée, peppercorn sauce, glazed carrots) and Pumpkin Panna Cotta (kombuchu squash, maple syrup, almond brittle).
Sung, who also serves as the Executive Chef of Forage Catering and Forage’s casual sister restaurant The Jervis Joint, located on the same property, is also showcasing a Bison Board Experience available on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays that features a bountiful selection of preparations of Canadian bison, local vegetables and other items and is intended to be shared among one to three guests.
Forage is open for Breakfast (Monday to Thursday 7 to 10:30 a.m., Friday 7 to 11 a.m.), Dinner (daily from 5 to 10 p.m.) and Weekend Brunch (Saturday and Sunday 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.), with Happy Hour food and drink features available Fridays through Sundays from 4 to 5 p.m. For more information, go to www.foragevancouver.com, follow @foragevancouver on Instagram or @forageVancouver on X, or become a fan of /Foragevancouver on Facebook.
Reservations for Breakfast, Dinner and Weekend Brunch service at Forage Vancouver can be made via exploretock.com/forage/.